Shelby became a hero for saving two adults and two children from carbon monoxide poisoning.
With her keen sense of smell, Shelby was the first to detect the rising carbon monoxide levels. While the rest of the family was asleep, Shelby nudged each of them out of their sleep and refused to stop barking, scratching, and whining until the family was safely outside. Luckily, each family member was treated at a nearby hospital and made a full recovery.
“In my eyes, and in the eyes of my family, Shelby is more than a hero; she is a lifesaver, a guardian angel,” said Joleen Walderbach.